I usually don’t write about this topic (Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations). My topics are more related with Dynamics NAV or Dynamics 365 Business Central in the future. But this time, I think I heard a lot of amazing news here in Dublin on a Summit EMEA from Muhammad Alam (D365FO GM) and want to share it.
OK, first Muhammad discuss about all great news in this spring update and how we can use all these features as well as together with the other services available as integrations.
But after that, he announced what we can expect soon in this fall update (of course, not everything, but some very nice features). The main topic in the fall update will be Intelligence & Insights, Productivity & Usability and Adaptability trying to improve as more as possible performance, automation, supportability and integrations.
And based on his speech, we can expect the following features:
Finance / Public Sector Enhancements:
- Enhanced reporting/inquiries
- Budgeting enhancements
- Encumbrance enhancements
- Vendor collaboration enhancements
- Distribution of interest accrued on cash balances
- Vendor 1099 enhancements (US)
Revenue Recognition Management:
- Revenue automation to comply with IFRS15 and ASC606
- Support product bundles/kits:
- Software and maintenance
- Software and services
- Software, hardware and services
- Bundles of multiple elements
- Deferred revenue management
- Revenue recognition schedules
- Subscription & renewals
- Revenue forecasting & reporting
Supply Chain Management:
- Advance Warehousing:
- Advanced X-docking
- Catch weight integration
- Replenishment slotting plan
- Put to wall / Put to store
- …many more
- Advanced Trasportation
- Retail Pack & Ship
- Small package
- Material handling
Probably we will have more, but this is just the first list.
And on the end, important information; from October 2018, Microsoft announces end of mainstream support for old versions: AX 2009, AX 2012 RTM and AX 2012 R2. There will be upgrade plans for migration to Dynamics 365 FO and we can expect public preview for AX 2012 in April 2018 and for AX 2009 in May 2018.