Directions NA 2019 has just finished and I’m writing this article in a plane on my way to home. It was great opportunity to meet 925 Dynamics professionals and not only from North America. It was amazing event and I’m happy because I had opportunity to speak here. We got a lot interesting information regarding Business Central Spring Release and to listen about experience of implementations of this solution here in US.
If you were there, you know what I’m talking about. If you were not be there, you can find all that news on Microsoft official document here. I’ll only emphasize some facts we hear from Jannik and Claus on a closing session as well as they will have a big impact on a future of BC.
- In the future, ISV scenarios will include 15 objects for Team Members
- From July 1st, we will get device license – CSP pricelist = 40USD
- For On-prem transition to BC, user ratio is changed to 1:3 (for each concurrent user in NAV/GP user, they will get 3 named BC users) and this time this includes limited users as well
- On-premises partners will get more internal users licenses
- On-premises license will include one CAL for external accountant and one CAL for a system administrator, the same as we have in a subscription
If you read only these few facts, you can understand how important it is for partners and for clients as well.
We also heard that we will get new certification exams for Business Central functional consultants in FY20 as well as better differentiation through the Cloud Business Applications Competency and/or the Small and Mid-Market Cloud Solutions competency. Also, there will be secondary transition journey for clients who want to stay on-premises and to use cloud benefits or to migrate to the cloud (stay on BREP and purchase Midterm Offer).
And on the end, Directions NA 2020 (April 19-22) will be again in Orlando in Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress and for me it has a special place in my hearth, because in this place a few years ago, I had an opportunity to speak on Direction North America for the very first time.